Technical Support Specialist
NYSE-listed AgEagle Aerial Systems is seeking a Technical Support Specialist who will serve as the primary point of contact for questions and inquiries on its MicaSense products. This person focuses on providing the best possible customer experience, answers technical questions, troubleshoots issues that come through our support portal, and updates our knowledge base and training articles/blogs.
This role ensures the highest level of technical support is offered to our customers and is responsive to their need for integration of hardware and data into a wide variety of platforms (aircraft and data integrators). The Technical Support Specialist also supports customer training sessions, field days, and ongoing development of the online knowledge base and training videos.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversight and ownership of technical support tickets generated and managed through our Zendesk portal.
- Perform flight tests of new firmware, new hardware, and integration kits.
- Work both independently and cross functionally to resolve support tickets through Zendesk, ensuring response times are minimized, proper information and best practices are shared, and any follow up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Assign tickets to other support and engineering staff as needed.
- Ensure closure of all tickets; coordinate technical response or action plan.
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues related to sensor integration with host (UAS/UAV) aircraft systems; mechanical integration (mounting and gimbal issues); data transfer and/or connectivity issues.
- Create technical articles for customer knowledge base and training programs.
Willing to hop on the phone and help customers during urgent situations when needed.
- Use Python and shell scripts to analyze flight logs and streamline workflows.
- 2 years of technical support experience, preferably on electronics hardware such as cameras or drones
- FAA Part 107 certified, or a willingness to become certified in order to legally fly commercial drones
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license to bring drone and camera equipment to testing fields
- Willing to travel up 30% locally to fly drones over different areas of interest
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to apply general knowledge in aircraft systems integration (mechanical/electrical) and photogrammetry processing tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude and interest in having direct customer contact on a continuous basis
- Be flexible and have a positive, professional attitude to work well on a team
- Proven ability for troubleshooting, particularly with electronics and/or camera hardware
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Self-starter; proactive and takes initiative, with the ability to work independently and quickly learn new skills.
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup company with ambitious goals and timelines
- Takes initiative and “just gets things done”
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Comfortable with using Python and command line to perform basic tasks
- Experience with unmanned aircraft or drones either professionally or as a hobbyist
- Experience working with GIS, remote sensing systems, or similar cloud-based software analytics such as QGIS, Pix4D, and Agisoft Metashape
Compensation and Benefits:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Vacation & Sick Leave
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Potential for bonus and equity award
About AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. (NYSE American: UAVS)
AgEagle and its wholly owned subsidiaries, MicaSense, Measure Global, and senseFly, are actively engaged in designing and delivering best-in-class drones, sensors and software that solve important problems for our customers. Founded in 2010, AgEagle was originally formed to pioneer proprietary, professional-grade, fixed-winged drones and aerial imagery-based data collection and analytics solutions for the agriculture industry. Today, AgEagle. is a leading provider of full stack drone solutions for customers worldwide in the energy, construction, agriculture, and government verticals. For additional information, please visit our website at www.ageagle.com.