UAV Solutions Systems Engineer
Reporting to AgEagle’s Vice President of Operations, the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Solutions Systems Engineer is responsible for design and development of advanced drone systems for commercial use applications involving drone delivery, inspection and public safety.
This position will work as part of the Company’s engineering team to lead and support deployment of commercial drone systems and solutions, development of industrial processes and identification of system requirements, as required by a specific use, application or customer. This individual will play a critical role in helping to ensure that the drone systems and solutions we deliver to our customers meet and exceed their respective requirements and expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Defining concept of operations, system architectures, system interfaces and system/subsystem requirements for drone/UAV solutions designed for for specific commercial use applications.
- Helps to define customers’ needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Leads the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
- Installs, configures and tests operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure high quality deliverables which meet or exceed defined organization quality guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Deals with work process, optimization methods and risk management tools required for each systems development project.
- Remains up-to-date on all relevant UAV industry develoments, trends and new or emerging capabilities.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the drone/UAV industry with a focus on systems engineering, requirements and architecture.
- Must have full knowledge of and experience with regulatory standards and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Preferred experience in drone manufacturing and drone flight operations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Potential for bonus
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations