Full Stack Developer
AgEagle is looking to expand our Boulder team to improve our FarmsLens and HempOverview software platforms in both usability and functionality, as well as performing on-going maintenance, bug fixes and updates to our code base. This work includes providing users access to data products that are generated from their drone imagery and implementing additional technologies and frameworks to provide more value to the platform. We look for passionate and driven individuals that also value keeping a positive attitude.
As a full stack engineer, you will be expected to either have superb back-end development skills, with the ability to create and consume restful APIs and being comfortable creating UI to show your data or superb front-end skills with knowledge of how to deploy an application with interest in working in the back-end.
Your responsibilities could include development on the Ruby on Rails web application, working in our new Angular front-end, or fleshing out our Microservices. There could also be back-end development that would involve utilizing a multitude of technologies including, but not limited to, GDAL, image stitching software systems and PostGIS. The entire stack is geospatially informed which means working with various libraries that manipulate geospatial data. Work with third parties to improve our software analytics by communicating with JSON APIs.
You will be expected to participate in an agile development cycle with daily standups and collaborate with our on staff engineers, along with other team members, to make sure we are providing the right solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a computer science related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of writing and maintaining production level code
- Familiar with making a ubiquitous environment for running code, example: Docker or some other virtualization technology
- Experience with Git
- And one of the following:
- Mastered ability in writing backend services in at least one of the following languages: Kotlin, Java, Ruby, Python
- Ability to create a web application in one of the modern frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Experience utilizing JSON APIs
- Experience designing and then implementing intuitive user interfaces using HTML/JS/CSS
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL and manipulating the database via an ORM
- Familiarity with the various technologies that come with AWS, the least of which being EC2
- Knowledge of any of the following: Leaflet, Mapbox, Geoserver
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the willingness to use them
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong self-direction skills are critical and the ability to work with a small and growing team
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health Insurance, Flexible Schedule