Director of Government Affairs
This position is part of the Government Relations team of AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. based in Washington, DC. The Government Relations team is responsible for developing and implementing AgEagle’s government affairs strategy with the legislative and executive branches.
As a member of the Government Relations team, you will promote AgEagle government relations priorities working with relevant Congressional Committees and Members of Congress, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security/Customs and Border Protection, Office of Management and Budget, and other key government agencies. You may also represent AgEagle equities before think tanks, industry groups, and key partners to advance AgEagle’s government relations priorities.
You will have extensive knowledge and experience of US federal budget/appropriations and policy making processes, and an understanding of how these processes impact and support the Company’s business development agenda.
You should be a self-starter with strong communication skills, both verbal and writing, and work well as part of a team. If you are someone who takes initiative and finds innovative solutions to drive forward priorities as part of a dynamic, fast paced team-oriented environment, you will excel in this position.
- Support the creation and execution of specific government relations strategies to build the company’s reputation, enhance the strategic positioning in the industry and increase the understanding of the company and its business objectives in Washington, DC.
- Manage outside legal and government business development resources engaged on AgEagle’s behalf.
- Assist with outreach, including coordinating and staffing meetings, with Members of Congress, their staff, and Congressional Committees as well as with the Administration, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and other key agencies and customers.
- Identify, update, and organize the company’s interactions and engagements with Congress, such as: meeting readouts and follow-up, policy and funding request submissions, drafting hearing questions and supporting documentation.
- Assist with planning and preparing information products to inform and educate internal and external audiences on newsworthy events and developments related to the company’s products and programs.
- Research, draft, and edit deliverables, including: white papers, policy positions, letters of support, Congressional hearing questions, publications (i.e. articles, op-eds), memoranda, and talking points representing the company and its programs.
- Possess knowledge of the federal appropriations process, formulation of the federal budget, and the relationship between appropriations and authorizing legislation.
- Monitor, analyze, and engage the annual congressional policymaking process to support the company’s priorities with a particular focus on annual appropriations, and defense and homeland security policy.
- Collaborating internally and externally on legislative priorities, messaging and general outreach to ensure coordination and integration across the business development teams, independent consultants and senior leadership at the company.
- Be a proactive strategic agent on behalf of the company’s interests and help set the agenda, with a focus on informing policy makers with the objective of best advancing the near and long-term interests of the company
- Understand the substantive policy and funding issues important to AgEagle and be able to help develop and carry-out advocacy initiatives.
- Support the company’s involvement in industry and trade associations.
- Bachelors degree required. Graduate degrees welcome but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the following fields as provided below.
- Experience in government relations arena either as a congressional staffer involved with defense or national security matters, as a government official in relevant government department agency, or as an employee of defense company, lobby firm, or trade association, or other similar relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing strategies to promote government relations priorities and influence change in the legislative policy and budget process.
- Knowledge of US federal appropriations and policy making processes, including executive agencies, the White House, Senate and House and an understanding of how these processes impact the company’s business development agenda.
- Experience with defense policy and budget issues and knowledge of the defense and national security sector and key stakeholders.
- Ability to build coalitions and to develop and maintain relationships with key Congressional and executive branch officials and industry and trade associations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently to pursue short and long-term goals.
- The ability to work and be an integral part of an action-oriented, fast-paced, decision-making working environment.
- Ability to travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on KPI metrics
- Equity compensation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid time off
About AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. (NYSE American: UAVS) AgEagle and its wholly owned subsidiaries, MicaSense and Measure Global, are actively engaged in designing and delivering best-in-class drones, sensors and software that solve important problems for our customers. Founded in 2010, AgEagle was originally formed to pioneer proprietary, professional-grade, fixed-winged drones and aerial imagery-based data collection and analytics solutions for the agriculture industry. Today, AgEagle. is a leading provider of full stack drone solutions for customers worldwide in the energy, construction, agriculture, and government verticals. For additional information, please visit our websites at www.ageagle.com, www.measure.com and www.micasense.com.