Director of Business Development, Drone Hardware
Continental United States
Reporting directly to AgEagle’s Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Business Development, Drone Hardware is responsible for identifying, pursuing and negotiating strategic new business development opportunities involving contract manufacturing and assembly of unmanned aerial vehicle systems and drone-related subcomponents and equipment.
This position requires an individual who is highly personable, outgoing, motivated, sales-oriented and comfortable being on the front lines of our business, promoting and selling the Company’s contract manufacturing and assembly services and gathering valuable market intelligence. In addition, the ideal candidate will be charged with building and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing clients, collaborating with executives on business strategy to determine and prioritize key new business development objectives, and optimizing our Company’s brand reach and awareness on a global basis.
- Maximizing current markets
The Director of Business Development will devote time, energy and resources to understanding, supporting and maximizing current accounts by continuing to add services. The successful Director of Business Development will know what their client needs before the client does.
- Generating new business opportunities
The Business Development Manager will look to increase revenue by driving new business opportunities for contract manufacturing for drones and drone related equipment, with the first year minimum expectation of $1 million in new revenue generated.
- Identify potential new customers in our defined target markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective customer’s business and drone manufacturing/assembly/ testing requirements.
- Lead opportunity captures, including developing overall win strategy; shaping deals with customers; understanding pricing and assisting in determining winning price.
- Overseeing sales and business development strategy
The Director of Business Development will possess the ability to monitor and manage their day to day activities in an efficient manner, maximizing their time in the field. He or she will demonstrate an ability to build and align value propositions and influence key decision makers. Also, the ideal candidate will both design and implement the strategies necessary for his or her sales team(s) to successfully approach and attack the market.
- Collaborate with design and manufacturing teams to ensure contracted product specifications are met and product(s) are produced on-time and as agreed.
- Become a subject matter expert on AgEagle’s quality manufacturing and assembly processes and operations; and remain up-to-date on all relevant industry news and industry-impacting developments.
- Attend and represent AgEagle at industry conferences, trade shows and other important industry events.
- Proven experience in a growth oriented business
This candidate must have proven in past leadership roles that he/she has been a driving factor in growing a business. While understanding that cutting costs is important, AgEagle primary goal is to grow the top line. He/she must have been in a role where they not only helped implement growth strategies but was a key part in designing and creating these plans of action. The ideal candidate will have also taken a team of direct reports and developed the team in quantifiable metrics throughout their time in this role.
- Strong entrepreneurial disposition
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate entrepreneurial capabilities both in character and in prior business engagements. He/she must have proven this by leading an effective team, not only through comprehensive functional and industry related understanding, but through “out of the box” thinking. AgEagle’s business is regarded as being autonomous by nature, and requires a leader that can not only help drive the organization’s success, but create the ideas that will resonate throughout our business and materially perpetuate our growth..
- Structured and logical thinking
The ideal individual for this role will have the ability to swiftly dissect a problem, determine and organize possible solutions, and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analyses. Being able to present complex concepts/ideas in concise, easy-to-understand terms is critical.
- Sales and business strategy
This person must have developed proven strategies for business development and have a track record of improving those strategies. This candidate also must have displayed that he/she possesses an ability to analyze what precise strategies should be pursued and also a proven background in successfully implementing those strategies.
Personal Core Competencies:
- The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
- The successful candidate will:
- Be modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
- Be comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager (Player/Coach)
- Understand how to deliver within short timeframes and be committed to meeting deadlines “no matter what”
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Be comfortable making formal and informal presentations
- Maintain and build upon knowledge of competitors and have ability to model competitor behaviors in the market, when necessary
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Science, or aviation-related discipline required
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in business development with success in marketing industrial manufacturing services and capturing wins
- Strong preference for experience in sales in the drone market
- Experience with CRM system and creating sales pipelines
- Strong attention to detail; creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel, as necessary; reside in reasonable proximity to a major airport
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Potential for bonus
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations