Corporate Controller | AgEagle
Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Florida
NYSE-listed AgEagle Aerial Systems is seeking a talented, experienced and motivated corporate controller to manage and perform critical financial reporting and accounting functions for our growing Company and subsidiaries. This role will report to our Chief Financial Officer, with exposure and visibility to the CEO. We are looking for a top performer who thrives in and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure environment. In addition to driving financial accuracy and control of our accounting functions, the near term emphasis will be on partnering with the CFO and other members of the accounting team to improve our Company’s core operational accounting and financial reporting processes to achieve improvements in scalability and productivity.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of the Company’s SEC filings, including 10-K, 10-Qs and other SEC filings. Prepare financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A and relevant disclosure checklists.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for AgEagle and its subsidiaries, including monthly close and preparation of consolidated statements.
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with team members and business partners within the Company while evaluating processes and identifying opportunities to optimize and scale.
- Manage, coach and develop accounting personnel in order to support controller role.
- Manage the equity accounting function, including stock-based compensation, EPS and equity account reconciliations, in connection with the Company’s equity incentive plan.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of schedules and analyses of monthly/quarterly reporting packages; identify variances and/or discrepancies between budget, forecast and actual.
- Manage the cost accounting function, including setting standards and the analysis of manufacturing variances and the appropriate accounting treatment(s).
- Maintain proper process/policy documentation, strong disclosure controls and procedures, and internal controls; partner with external auditors and consultants to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Create and maintain SEC calendar, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate and complete SEC filings.
- Manage the independent auditor relationship, which includes the preparation/review of audit schedules and provide timely responses to requests.
- Lead the preparation of goodwill and identifiable intangible asset annual impairment testing.
- Research accounting and financial reporting developments, prepare memos, and direct the implementation of new GAAP and SEC reporting pronouncements and disclosure related matters.
- Assist and support for projects and activities related to ad hoc accounting, business operations and administrative projects in partnership with the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree and/or CPA
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a fast paced environment; two to five years of public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting standards, inventory and SaaS revenue accounting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions and navigate through complex structures, systems and processes
- Experience identifying areas for improvement and implementation of more effective and efficient processes and controls
- Experience with ERP and cloud-based accounting systems
- Works well independently and in a team environment and is able to interact effectively across the Company with various business partners
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced excel skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on KPI metrics
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations
About AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. (NYSE American: UAVS)
Founded in 2010, AgEagle is one of the nation’s leading commercial drone technology providers. AgEagle’s mission is to empower The Drone Age™ by providing American-made, tailored and scalable drone solutions to the world. The Company is leveraging its reputation as one of the industry’s premium technology solutions and aerial data intelligence providers to deliver high performance, end-to-end drone solutions to the agriculture, commercial and industrial markets. AgEagle products are proudly manufactured and assembled in the United States. For additional information, please visit our websites at www.ageagle.com, www.measure.com and www.micasense.com.